Excuses are like Assholes– Everyone has One.

Lauryn Evarts, fitness blogger and health food blogger from Southern California, talks skinny tricks and skinny tips.

Excuses are like assholes. Everyone has one & they all stink. Here are some I hear all the time:

+ Excuse: I work 9-5. I am exhausted.

Reality Check: we all work. Everyone is tired from work. Take an hour & force yourself to sweat.

+ Excuse: way too hungover.

Reality Check: if you want to be a man at night, you gotta be a man in the morning. Besides sweating helps rid that hangover. You’re moving your bod rather than laying in bed like a beached whale all day.

+ Excuse: I can’t afford a gym membership.

Reality Check: fine. Then get to a beach with a friend & download some internet workouts. Go running. Do a DVD at home. Or better yet, download free YouTube workouts. Problem solved!

+ Excuse: I’m so sore from yesterday’s workout, so I’ll wait a few days to go back to the gym.

Reality Check: WRONG. Cardio actually breaks up the lactic acid, which takes away that soreness.

+ Excuse: I don’t work out on weekends.

Reality Check: why? Pick a Saturday or a Sunday to add to your routine. I’ve never heard anyone say after their workout say that they regretted it.

+ Excuse: I noticed bulk, so I cut back on working out.

Reality Check: uggggh! I hear this all the time. In the first couple months of starting a workout program you’re going to bulk up. You’re adding muscle to any fat on the body. After a few months the fat falls off, just leaving muscle. Voila!

+ Excuse: I am naturally thin; I don’t need to workout.

Reality Check: working out helps with depression, anxiety, & prevents heart disease. So that’s fantastic that you’re naturally thin, however that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t workout.

+ Excuse: I am too busy taking care of the kids.

Reality Check: the kids will probably want you around for a long time, so keep your body in shape. You want to fill your car with the best gas, so fuel your body with the best of the best too.

+ Excuse: I’ll do it tomorrow.

Reality Check: ya, ya, ya. Just do it today.

+ Excuse: I don’t care if I turn out to be a fat pig, I love my curves! I’m embracing them!

Reality Check: not so much. Being a fat pig leads to tons of nasty diseases, so get off the couch, throw away the donuts, and GO!

Stop. Making. Excuses. Eventually your fitness routine will turn into a habit- NO EXCUSES!

{{ Photo source }}

Lauryn Evarts talks juicing and skinny tips. She is a fitness and wellness blogger from Southern California with weight loss tricks.

26 comments on Excuses are like Assholes– Everyone has One.

1. emily
    05.22.12 at 6:50 pm (2 years ago)

amen!

05.29.12 at 11:48 pm (2 years ago)

: )

2. Coco
    05.22.12 at 6:51 pm (2 years ago)

Love this!!! Motivation!!!!

3. Maddy
    05.22.12 at 11:07 pm (2 years ago)

Amazing! I love these motivation pieces, it gets me more pumped for my gym session this arvo :)

4. Laura
    05.23.12 at 5:01 am (2 years ago)

Yes, thank you! I needed this! I just worked out for 30 days straight as a challenge but as soon as those days were over I slacked off. And now I realize that my excuses really really suck! I’m starting again!
    Laura recently posted..The Importance of Saying Goodbye on a Good NoteMy Profile

05.23.12 at 3:19 pm (2 years ago)

Yay!

5. Cara
    05.23.12 at 6:01 am (2 years ago)

I like this. I’m guilty of making excuses. However, I’m finally starting to get on a good schedule and now things are changing. I’m a little frustrated. I’ve been making 30 mins to an hour each day for exercise and it’s worked. However, my son is starting football soon and I’m the team mom. This means, I’ll work 7:30-3:30, home by 4, fix dinner and clean it up, we will leave for practice around 6:15, practice from 7 – 9, come home, get my son cleaned up and ready for bed. By then, it’s 10 or 11 and I’m exhausted and in desperate need of a shower myself. I’m terrified that I’m not going to be able to find time to work out. He has practice Mon – Thurs and then will have games on Saturdays. I know I can still find time Fri – Sun but that’s not enough. I need to figure out some way to fit in some physical activity Mon-Thurs. Any suggestions?

05.23.12 at 3:19 pm (2 years ago)

Try working out at 4 to 4:45 pm or while dinner is cooking with a DVD or a run. Or prep a crock pot in the AM so you have more time to work out with a DVD at home in the afternoon. Hope that helps ; ). xox

6. Stefana
    05.23.12 at 11:37 am (2 years ago)

Great post! I’m going to the gym now. See ya! ;)

7. Thyren
    05.23.12 at 1:08 pm (2 years ago)

I love the motivation, thank you so much!

8. Jessica
    05.23.12 at 7:01 pm (2 years ago)

I was slacking on going to the gym today, read this post and got my butt to the gym! Thanks for the motivation!! :-)

9. Grace Hammer
    05.24.12 at 12:51 am (2 years ago)

What I have gotten after reading this article is nothing but extreme motivation. F**k excuses, I will never have them again.
    Grace Hammer recently posted..maxworkoutsreviewMy Profile

10. Leeni
    05.24.12 at 1:32 am (2 years ago)

Those are unbelieveably true! I have written also a column about this same topic: excuses happen also to school projects, cleaning etc. when you want to postpone the unpleasant task ahead.
    My personal fav motivators are my heart rate monitor (which is my beast friend and my worst enemy: I love it when it says “do you want to upgrade your activity level” but I hate it when it says I don’t work out enough – usually because I forget to use it) and the other motivator is Nike’s slogan “yesterday you said tomorrow”. I think it says it all.

And Happy Birthday, Lauryn! :) I’m a little late with this, but congrats any way ;D

11. Stephko
    05.26.12 at 6:21 am (2 years ago)

Soooo, the fact that it’s a rainy, dreary day doesn’t make it ok to not keep up with my routine?….I needed the motivation this morning. Thanks!!!

05.26.12 at 8:50 pm (2 years ago)

Nope! Home DVD’s are the best : ). xoxo

12. Tatiana
    05.30.12 at 4:38 am (2 years ago)

Hi Lauryn,
    i’m a new follower of your blog, and i’m from Denmark. Thanks for the motivaiton.
    Well, i’ve been training 3-4 times a week since february, and i can see some results, but iv’e gained weight. Can you help? What can i do to loose more weight, without loose muscles?!

xoxo

13. moving frederick maryland
    01.30.13 at 12:17 am (2 years ago)

Hi there, You’ve done a great job. I will definitely digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I am sure they will be benefited from this site.

3Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Excuses are like Assholes– Everyone has One.

1. [...] super motivating, even if you don’t have a workout partner. Again, there’s absolutely no excuse to not workout! It’s cost efficient, user-friendly, & [...]

2. [...] I stumbled across her blog several months ago and have been hooked ever since.  It’s full of fitness motivation, low-calorie, easy recipes and tips for a happy and healthy lifestyle.  One of my favorite things [...]

3. [...] 8.} Kick up your workouts. Whatever you’re used to doing throughout the year, kick it up a notch. You’ll feel better & you’ll look better. No excuses! [...]