Skinny Vacation Tips & Everything Cabo

Lauryn Evarts and Michael Bosstick at One&Only Palmilla Resort, San Jose del Cabo.

[ Poolside w/ M ]

[ Homemade mango sorbet ]

[ A lizard we befriended by tempting him with berries ]

[ Delicious snacks ]

[ My lovely view ; ) ]

Ok, ok, sorry for the abundance of pictures, but I just had to share some of my favorite pictures of our vacation. Upon arrival to the One&Only Palmilla Resort in San Jose del Cabo, we received the freshest papaya & strawberry popsicles along with weather that could not have been more beautiful! It was such a delight to completely shut off; to make the experience even more relaxing, Michael surprised me with a couple’s massage at their gorgeous spa [ see below ].

I definitely “rebelled” in Cabo: I certainly can admit I substituted water for tequila, forgot to wear my retainer, & had my far share of the most heavenly popcorn, chocolate soufflé. But the most amazing thing ever? Their ginger margaritas with blanco tequila & fresh squeezed lime juice…clearly, I am ready to go back!

+ Skinny vacation tips: I brought along a workout DVD [ put to use three times ], to keep me full every morning I ordered fruit & eggs for breakfast, & after the cleanse, I honestly didn’t feel the need to stuff my face.

If you’re going on vacation anytime soon, pack what I call a “snack pack.” Mine typically include raw bars, three apples, a banana, hummus packs, baby carrots, 100-calorie pack pretzels, & kid-sized Pirate’s Booty bags. I ate something healthy before ever dinner & it really helped. Cheers to summer!

[ The spa ]

[ Beach attire ]

[ Fresh ginger margs & mint mojitos ]

[ Our hacienda-style decorated room ]

[ Breakfast on the terrace...guess which side is mine?! ]

[ Another fringed bikini ]

[ Enjoying a Corona Light...ahhhh, I miss it already! ]

Lauryn Evarts talks juicing and skinny tips. She is a fitness and wellness blogger from Southern California with weight loss tricks.

Newer comments

31 comments on Skinny Vacation Tips & Everything Cabo

1. dp
    04.27.12 at 5:34 pm (3 years ago)

what excellent photos..very great!

04.28.12 at 11:07 am (3 years ago)

Thanks!

2. Elena Erlandson
    04.27.12 at 8:00 pm (3 years ago)

This was the best cleanse m!! I feel skinnier, more energized, and heathy! Thank you so much for all your support and information! I have to share that I have an uncommon allergy to cold temperatures, called Cold Urticaria. After doing this cleanse my reactions have not been occurring at all. I seriously can’t believe it! I will keep you posted as well.

I love you TSC! Can’t wait for more upcoming posts!

04.28.12 at 11:06 am (3 years ago)

I’m so proud M- you’re so skinny! I am glad your Cold Urticaria symptoms have subsided- we’ll do the cleanse again soon.

I’ll see you Thursday pretty.

3. Coco
    04.27.12 at 8:54 pm (3 years ago)

You guys are so cute!!!

04.28.12 at 11:06 am (3 years ago)

Thanks Coco ; )

4. Sara
    04.28.12 at 3:06 am (3 years ago)

Looks wonderful, cant wait for my vacation :) which App did you use for the last picture.

04.28.12 at 11:05 am (3 years ago)

Thanks Sara!

5. Lauren
    04.28.12 at 7:30 am (3 years ago)

Where did you get your crocheted cover up??

04.28.12 at 11:05 am (3 years ago)

Just e-mailed you the info lady!

04.28.12 at 11:04 am (3 years ago)

Yes, it’s l*space ; ) I love it! Congrats on law school- good luck! xo

6. Lindsay
    04.28.12 at 1:39 pm (3 years ago)

I am going on vacation to Riviera Maya this summer, but I am nervous about getting sick from water/food! Are the frozen drinks safe since they are made with their ice? I also was unsure if the fruit/veggies there were safe to eat since I would assume they are rinsed in their water? Any tips/suggestions on how you avoided getting sick in Mexico? Thanks :-)

04.28.12 at 10:22 pm (3 years ago)

I had tons of ice the whole time I was there (hence the margs) and ate tons of veggies & fruit! If you’re paranoid, take a water bottle and re-wash them! I would just stay away from the tap water (drinking-wise). The hotel I stayed at was clean too; I am sure you’re staying somewhere clean too ; ).

• Lindsay
      04.30.12 at 7:28 am (3 years ago)

Thank you so much for the advice!! :-)

04.28.12 at 10:20 pm (3 years ago)

Thanks Anita!

7. Em
    04.30.12 at 4:42 am (3 years ago)

Hey Lauryn,

I so like your blog and all the tips. I’m a “eat everything and not always in moderation” kinda girl who (thanks to my metabolism and a love for working out) is still skinny but I like to eat healthy when I can (not less, not cutting anything out or limiting my intake of anything except soda (not even candy and chocolate), mainly staying away from as many preservatives, colorings and synthetics as possible and eating lots of fruit and veggeis) but I love your blog for the tips about healthy food and workout.

However, I wonder if you never get sick of always trying to live a skinny lifestyle? Don’t get me wrong, you look fantastic and I really get this whole not starving yourself but instead eating small portions, healthy stuff et.c.. But this “everything in moderation” thing you’re doing, don’t you ever get tired of it? Like on vacations, christmas, easter… I mean that’s what I do weekdays, but come any little reason to celebrate you know ;)

Just curious because I think I would get tired of it after a while, but maybe it just isn’t for everyone :)

8. Food Stories
    04.30.12 at 10:17 am (3 years ago)

Great trip and excellent photos. I’ll bet you guys had a great time!
    Food Stories recently posted..Food Story PhotosMy Profile

9. Mary
    04.30.12 at 10:38 am (3 years ago)

What workout dvds do you do/recommend?!? Thanks :)

10. Jordan Bosstick
    04.30.12 at 7:01 pm (3 years ago)

Aw it looks like you guys had so much fun L! Love you XO!

11. Megan
    01.20.14 at 1:37 am (10 months ago)

That sorbet looks AMAZING! trying to find a healthy recipes is SO hard! They all have 2 cups of sugar! I was wondering how you made this! xo

6Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Skinny Vacation Tips & Everything Cabo

1. [...] Reasons I love it: there’s no sugar [ it's sweetened with all-natural Stevia ], it contains 78 calories total, & it boosts my energy levels. Along with that, it’s super easy to travel with [ they have travel packets ]; I drank one each morning in Cabo! [...]

2. [...] Boys + Arrows Sammy the Sailor Dark Blue Bikini [ I wore a similar one here [...]

3. [...] One & Only Palmilla couldn’t have been more accommodating ( more posts on their resort here & here )- if you’re ever in Cabo, go there for at least a [...]

4. [...] spot: Cabo. Hands down. Also, Venice, Italy was pretty [...]

5. [...] my travel tips can be found here & here & here. Have fun at the wedding you’re [...]

6. [...] favorite travel destinations is Venice, Italy & Cabo San Lucas. I will def do a mini guide next time I go to each place. Venic, Italy is the most romantic place [...]