DIY Banana Chips

Lauryn Evarts fitness blogger from San Diego with skinny tips and tricks that help you lose weight.

I appreciate crunchy textures, so I figured baking homemade banana chips would be the perfect project. Considering they bake for roughly six hours, the appetizing scent of baked bananas made this recipe even sweeter. If you’re not up for the DIY banana chip commitment then grab some at the store & try some of these ideas: add them to oatmeal or cereal, create your own DIY trail mix [ like this ], or for a quick dessert dip them in dark chocolate or almond butter.

Lauryn Evarts talks juicing and skinny tips. She is a fitness and wellness blogger from Southern California with weight loss tricks.

DIY Banana Chips

[ Recipe adapted from Weight Watcher's ]

++ Makes 6 servings

2 ripe bananas

1 tablespoon lemon juice

Cut the bananas into thin slices. Coat the slices in lemon juice. Place the banana slices on parchment paper and bake them in the oven at 200 degrees F, turning every half hour and watching out for burning. Remove them when they are crispy; let them cool cool, and store them in an airtight container.

18 comments on DIY Banana Chips

1. Anna
    03.23.12 at 3:36 pm (2 years ago)

Thank you for this. I love banana chips! I think they sell a lot of fried ones out there so this is a welcome recipe.
    Anna recently posted..BELLINI PINK FRIDAYMy Profile

2. Runa
    03.24.12 at 3:54 am (2 years ago)

210 celsius or fahrenheit? :)

3. Swe
    03.24.12 at 8:44 am (2 years ago)

Yeah is it celsius or fahrenheit?

4. Vulpyne
    03.25.12 at 9:06 am (2 years ago)

210 celsius is over 400 farenheit. If you baked anything for 8 hours at 410f it would be a cinder.

5. Lindsay
    03.28.12 at 7:50 am (2 years ago)

Where did you get those cute individual tupperware containers?

6. Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction
    05.07.12 at 2:06 pm (2 years ago)

I LOVEEEEEEE banana chips!!!! Have you ever had the ones from Whole Foods? They are amazing, and I’ll usually go through the whole container in less than 2 days!! I have got to try this recipe though since they are baked! Do they taste like the traditional banana chips?
    Stellina @ My Yogurt Addiction recently posted..Breakfast Change UpMy Profile

05.07.12 at 3:53 pm (2 years ago)

I’ll have to try those! And yes they do ; ). xo

7. Carel
    09.11.12 at 11:46 am (2 years ago)

Can you use a dehydrator? My new oven has this option and would like to try, would you know how long it would take to dehydrate?

8. Travelin' Trio
    02.18.13 at 9:03 am (2 years ago)

I’ve been trying several recipes for banana chips the last week or so (frying, baking, dehydrating). I was interested in trying yours because you mentioned “crunchy” and from the photos it appears to have kept its thick cut shape. But when I tried the recipe yesterday they shriveled up small and got chewy, similar to whet happened in the dehydrator. I baked it just like the recipe…200 deg for 6 hrs turning every 30 min. What can I do to keep the white thick textures and crunchiness such as in your photos?

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on DIY Banana Chips