The Fat Buster Smoothie

Lauryn Evarts, fitness blogger and wellness blogger with skinny tips and weight loss tricks.

Kale has become practically a staple in my morning smoothies. On it’s own it can taste odd, but in a smoothie kale’s bitterness is easy to disguise with seasonal fruits. I have fully embraced the superfood because of it’s endless benefits. To name a few? Kale prevents cancer, boosts energy, & is packed with nutrients [ Vitamin A, folic acid, calcium, Vitamin C, magnesium, & potassium ]. Kale stole my heart- & you’ll agree after you taste this delectable Fat Buster Smoothie.

Love, Lauryn

The Fat Buster Smoothie

** Serves two.

2 heaping handfuls of kale

1/2 of a small banana

1 splash water [ or ] OJ

2 scoops Greek 1% yogurt

3 large slices of pineapple

1/2 handful of blueberries

1/2 handful of ice

Throw everything in a blender [ I like the Ninja ]. Blend together. Pour in two cups and garnish with a pineapple slice.

24 comments on The Fat Buster Smoothie

1. Laura @ A Healthy Jalapeño
    02.23.12 at 2:25 pm (3 years ago)

Lauren this looks excellent! I use spinach and kale in so many of my morning smoothies, it’s the easiest was to sneak in my veggies first thing in the am and you can never taste them, just the sweetness of the fruit. Great smoothie!
    Laura @ A Healthy Jalapeño recently posted..Black & Blue Banana Berry SmoothieMy Profile

2. bre
    02.23.12 at 8:11 pm (3 years ago)

I will be making this before Friday’s workout!! Kale and Blueberry Yum Yum…..

3. Martha
    02.25.12 at 8:38 am (3 years ago)

This looks yummy. I learned at a Vitamix demonstration that the key to making kale and other strong greens palatable in smoothies is the fresh pineapple! Who knew?
    Martha recently posted..Misto Olive Oil SprayerMy Profile

4. Annie
    08.29.12 at 9:42 pm (2 years ago)

Do you know how many calories are in this shake?

• laurynevarts
      08.29.12 at 10:21 pm (2 years ago)

I don’t…probably around 200. : ) xox

5. Jessica
    10.11.12 at 2:47 pm (2 years ago)

Looks delicious! Do you have something alongside this for breakfast or as a meal in itself?

• laurynevarts
      10.11.12 at 10:02 pm (2 years ago)

I usually have an egg or two with this : ). X.

6. Amanda
    01.10.13 at 10:23 pm (2 years ago)

Can I sub spinach for the kale?

01.10.13 at 11:12 pm (2 years ago)

7. Amanda
    01.10.13 at 10:41 pm (2 years ago)

Also, how many oz does this make?

8. Monica
    01.30.13 at 3:01 pm (2 years ago)

I tried that smoothly I never thought that kale and pineapple together with taste so great ,How many times a day do i need to take it to lose weight?

9. Krystal
    02.18.13 at 9:45 am (2 years ago)

How many OZ does this make?

10. nat
    08.21.13 at 3:38 pm (1 year ago)

Does this really help to loose weight?

11. Rey
    01.06.14 at 2:32 pm (10 months ago)

Im getting married in 5 months im 180 i NEED to lose weight and i need help!! I want to know if this works fast.

01.06.14 at 4:15 pm (10 months ago)

I would do the cleanse babe. Just e-mail me and I’ll send you directions! x.

• Lorraine
      05.08.14 at 7:26 pm (6 months ago)

Hi, please share your cleanse smoothie. Thank you
      Lorraine

12. Kate Launders
    01.13.14 at 12:55 pm (9 months ago)

Need to loose weight but struggling with underactive thyroid and cravings for carbs! Any advice please

01.13.14 at 2:18 pm (9 months ago)

I would start with a cleanse babe : ). E-mail me for details. xx.

13. Kim
    02.24.14 at 2:31 pm (8 months ago)

Hi Lauryn,
    I’m interested in the cleanse recipe as well

14. Lindsey
    03.09.14 at 8:34 pm (8 months ago)

I’ve made something very similar, minus yogurt. I do unsweetened vanilla almond milk as my liquid. If i need to add something more sweet I’ll put a teaspoon of agave nectar. I also like to add seeds to mine, for smoothies I’ll do a half teaspoon of hemps seeds and half teaspoon of chia seeds. DELISH.

3Pingbacks & Trackbacks on The Fat Buster Smoothie

1. [...] essential nutrients; personally I’m obsessed with making my own at home [ clearly evident: here and here ]. If that’s not enough of a reason to guzzle them down, then here’s three [...]

2. [...] Preserving my smoothie with this cute cover [...]

3. [...] I love all greens but don’t want to bore you, so let’s just talk about kale. Kale is low in calories & high in fiber, helps with detoxification, and keeps the liver healthy. Kale’s also full of iron, lowers cholesterol, & is high in Vitamins A, C, and K. My favorite thing about kale is that it has more calcium per calorie than milk & more protein per ounce than beef! I blend kale with other veggies and fruits daily and it is perfect in a salad or sautéed with a little olive oil, garlic, and sea salt. For a kale smoothie recipe, click here. [...]