Easy Arm Exercises

Lauryn Evarts, weight loss blogger with skinny tips and tricks

[ Press-ups ]

My girlfriend, Stefanie requested easy arm workouts that are accessible from home. The truth is, with ten minutes of arm sculpting a day, your arms will become lean/strong. These are four workouts I do almost every day to prevent under arm “jiggle”. My trainer, Chris was kind enough to take these pictures while keeping a close eye on my form.

+ Press-ups: take 3 to 5 pound weights [ if weights are not available, canned food substitutes well for weights! ], come down by the sides and then press up in to an “O” shape [ 25 reps, 3 sets ].

+ Tricep dips: bring the palms of the hands on an elevated surface [ a chair works ]. Come down to ninety degrees with the elbows and press back up. Try to hold it for two seconds when down [ 20 reps, 3 sets ].

+ Resistance band pulls: wrap a resistance band around a pole. Bring the arms to ninety degrees and the pull straight [ 20 reps, 3 sets ].

+ Straight arm pull backs: place the resistance band around the feet. Hinge from the waist & bend in the knees. Pull straight back, pinching through the scapula. Make sure the arms are straight when pulling back [ 20 reps, 3 sets ].

Take ten minutes out of your day & change the shape of your arms. No excuses!

Lauryn Evarts, weight loss blogger with skinny tips and tricks

[ Tricep dips ]

Lauryn Evarts, weight loss blogger with skinny tips and tricks

[ Pulls with the resistance band ]

Lauryn Evarts, weight loss blogger with skinny tips and tricks

[ Straight arm pull backs ]

Love, Lauryn

21 comments on Easy Arm Exercises

1. Jacqui
    01.19.12 at 1:48 pm (3 years ago)

Love exercise posts like this!! You should do a butt one next… I’m trying to tone mine FAST for the quickly approaching bathing suit season :-)

04.02.12 at 2:16 pm (2 years ago)

Will do Jacqui : )
      Lauryn recently posted..Mini DeLitesMy Profile

2. Stefanie Baker
    01.19.12 at 2:27 pm (3 years ago)

Thanks Lauryn! So helpful! I just actually bought a resistance band and finally know what to do with it! Bye bye bat wings! ;) xoxo

3. Erica
    01.19.12 at 2:49 pm (3 years ago)

Agreed! Let’s get one for the booty :) This is a great quick workout for the arms and I can’t wait to incorporate it into my workouts! Your arms look insane :)

04.02.12 at 2:17 pm (2 years ago)

Will do- thanks Erica!
      Lauryn recently posted..Mini DeLitesMy Profile

4. Timea
    01.19.12 at 4:34 pm (3 years ago)

Great post Lauryn! Very easy to follow. I’ll pass your blog on to my clients.
    Timea
    Timea recently posted..REMEMBERING WHY WE DANCEMy Profile

04.02.12 at 2:18 pm (2 years ago)

I am glad you liked it, Timea. xo
      Lauryn recently posted..Mini DeLitesMy Profile

01.22.12 at 9:59 pm (3 years ago)

: ) same!

5. Tricia
    01.19.12 at 10:03 pm (3 years ago)

Love this post! I will definitely start doing this!! I agree with all the other comments….butt exercises please!!!

01.20.12 at 3:54 pm (3 years ago)

Tricia: I will put some butt exercises up soon :) xox

6. Elise
    07.23.12 at 8:30 am (2 years ago)

I just found your site and I love all of your suggestions! But if we don’t have resistance bands, how can we modify those exercises?
    Elise recently posted..Who Doesn’t Love Weight-loss?My Profile

7. Sara
    11.15.12 at 11:30 am (2 years ago)

Ooh thank you :) your arms are great and inspiring hope to get there, I have the same question as Elise and how long till we could notice the results?

• laurynevarts
      11.15.12 at 2:40 pm (2 years ago)

You’ll notice results in a month, if you do this four times a week! XO.

8. Brie Zeman
    11.30.12 at 4:01 pm (2 years ago)

I was browsing pinterest and saw your picture, i feel like i’ve met someone one famous :-)
    your blog is awesome girl! Goodness you have an amazing body, I just may have to be a regular follower so i can get rid of a few pounds before i return back to San Diego. x

• laurynevarts
      11.30.12 at 5:04 pm (2 years ago)

Wow! Thanks Brie : )). I am glad you’re following along! Tell Julian hi! xoxo

9. Harriet
    08.15.13 at 8:51 am (1 year ago)

Being fidgety can help you lose weight – really! Keep yourself moving even when you are sitting. Try tapping your foot; doing muscle exercises – tense different muscles and hold for a few seconds, then release and repeat; or drumming your fingers. If anyone asks what you’re doing, just tell them. You might start a trend! You can also do these exercises to tone stomach rather than weight loss.

10. stephanie
    03.17.14 at 6:14 pm (5 months ago)

I loved these work outs!!!! T was like a week later that i could feel like my arms are tightening up and toned. i finally felt good enough to start wearing tank tops now without being scared!!!!!

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Easy Arm Exercises

1. [...] has some excellent tips and tricks for staying fit. Jo’s favorite is her article on ““Easy Arm Excercises”. It is a must read and will surprise you in it’s simplicity and [...]