Juice Detox: Day 1

Juice Cleanse in Solana Beach with all fresh veggies and fruits by blogger Lauryn Evarts

[ Day 1- Fresh 7 Liver & Kidney Detox ]

Back in September I wrote about the juice cleanse I completed through Juicer’s in Solana Beach. With all the bustling excitement in regards to the New Year I feel it’s entirely appropriate to go through the process again. I rallied some friends [ Ian, Pilar & Alana ] to participate too.

The cleanse entails three days [ today is Liver & Kidney juice: apples, beets, carrots, celery, cucumber, lemon & tomatoes ] of hourly juice consumption. Massive amounts of water and tea are encouraged too. A big plus? One meal a night is allowed [ 6 ounces of lean protein & veggies ]. Tonight’s meal will be chopped veggie salad with grilled chicken.

[ Equals out to 64 ounces of juice ]

[ Every half hour, drink 8 ounces of water ]

[ Juicer employee, Alysia made my delicious concoction for day 1 ]

[ Cucumbers, beets, apples & celery ]

Love, Lauryn

Newer comments

116 comments on Juice Detox: Day 1

1. Bre
    01.04.12 at 12:25 pm (3 years ago)

Awesome helpful post for the New Year!

2. Ally
    01.04.12 at 2:46 pm (3 years ago)

I have been looking for a juice detox for the past few days, so I think I’ll try this. Interested to see what day 2 and 3 are like as well. Thanks for posting this!

3. Alex
    01.08.12 at 9:46 am (3 years ago)

Hello from Canada
    I’m so glad I came across your blog. I will be trying this on Monday-wedn
    Thanks for this post

01.08.12 at 10:45 pm (3 years ago)

Yay! Keep me updated on your progress!
      Lauryn recently posted..Mini DeLitesMy Profile

4. Amber
    01.14.12 at 3:14 pm (3 years ago)

I’m interested in knowing what day 2 and 3 are like as well, could I get an email with those instructions too? I had a baby 5 weeks ago and having been looking for a cleanse I can use. Thanks!

amberdawn07@hotmail.com

5. Erica
    01.17.12 at 1:01 am (3 years ago)

Hi! I think I may want to try this as soon as possible. Do you blend your ingredients using a blender or some other juicing device? Also, what brands can you recommend or any specific things that helped you through the three days?

STYLE. SAVVY. CHIC.
    Erica recently posted..Top 5 Designers Who Inspire My StyleMy Profile

6. Emma
    02.01.12 at 1:29 am (3 years ago)

Hi! Loving this site, super inspirational!
    Am soo gonna try the detox! Is there a more exact recipe as to the amount of each ingredient?
    Thanks!

7. Michelle
    02.06.12 at 1:59 pm (3 years ago)

Love your blog! What type of juicing machine did you use? I had a Jack Lalanne Power Juicer for 3 days… returned it after I covered my kitchen cabinets in juice and pulp!

8. stephanie
    02.09.12 at 3:00 pm (3 years ago)

starting this tomorrow!

9. monique
    04.23.12 at 1:48 pm (2 years ago)

Can someone send me the instructions??? my email is mruelas@namasco.com.

PLEASE????????????????????

04.24.12 at 3:21 pm (2 years ago)

done!

10. Anna
    04.30.12 at 6:13 am (2 years ago)

Hi Lauryn!

I love your blog! I am starting this cleanse with a friend and would love the full instructions!

Thanks so much!!!

11. kelsey
    05.04.12 at 6:52 pm (2 years ago)

Excited to try this! Could you please send me the details/instructions? Much appreciated!!

12. Meghan
    05.14.12 at 4:10 am (2 years ago)

Sounds awesome, i’m so excited to try! Could I please get the full instructions? Thanks!

13. Jenna H
    05.18.12 at 6:18 pm (2 years ago)

My best friend and I want to try this detox! Is there anyway you could email me the instructions and any other cleanses you suggest! Thanks so much! Love your blog!

14. Shannon Leigh
    06.04.12 at 8:16 pm (2 years ago)

Starting this tomorrow! Question: I have the details on the cleanse from my friend (that received them from you) and you say to drink plenty of green tea, but the actual instructions say to avoid caffeine. I am forgoing coffee so I can actually use the bit of caffeine, but just want to double check that is ok? Also, is coconut water ok in place of water at times?

06.05.12 at 1:41 pm (2 years ago)

Green tea is fine ;) good luck! No coconut water; too much sugar. xo

15. Shannon L
    06.05.12 at 3:02 pm (2 years ago)

Thanks! So far, so good!! :)

16. Lauren M
    06.20.12 at 12:24 pm (2 years ago)

Hi lauryn,

I just found your blog since you posted on Skinny Runner. My boyfriend and i are interested in the detox. Can you email me instructions and tips. I have never done a detox before but have heard rave reviews from friends and coworkers. Thanks. Loving your blog already :)

larmil85@yahoo.com

17. Dina
    06.24.12 at 2:23 pm (2 years ago)

Hi, this juice detox sounds great! I would LOVE more details on this detox…i truly need one! Thx!

18. Kyle
    07.21.12 at 11:51 am (2 years ago)

Im on day 2 and want to eat everything i see. I have to say i feel good enough to go on a 3mile run tonight after i eat my huge 6oz meal of sliced turky, yum…… I cant wait for this to be over!

• laurynevarts
      07.21.12 at 11:58 am (2 years ago)

Drink TONS of green tea to flush the system out and have some scrambled eggs if you’re hungry. : )

19. Erica
    08.20.12 at 6:56 am (2 years ago)

Hi Lauryn,

For the protein and vegetables after 6pm. Can the vegetables be cooked in oil and other ingredients or do they have to be raw?

Erica

• laurynevarts
      08.20.12 at 12:06 pm (2 years ago)

They can be cooked. Just use EVOO. : )

20. Ashley
    08.23.12 at 1:36 am (2 years ago)

Hey :) Is there any replacement for the beets? Something that’ll have a similar effect? I’m living in Korea and I’ve never come across one, so I doubt I’d be able to find any for this cleanse.

Thanks!

• laurynevarts
      08.23.12 at 11:46 am (2 years ago)

Apples : ) xo

4Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Juice Detox: Day 1

1. [...] Skinny Confidential Skip to content HomeAboutContact MeFavoritesRecipesArchive ← Juice Detox: Day 1 01.05.12 · 2:03 pm ↓ Jump to [...]

2. [...] as far as my diet goes… So I decided to start with a juice cleanse.. I found out about this cleanse from The Skinny┬áConfidential’s [...]

3. [...] this Blog for more Info. Share this:Share on TumblrLike this:LikeBe the first to like this post. [...]