Yogi Green Smoothie Drink

Homemade Green Machine

This past week, I was beginning to feel fatigued from working during the day & night anddddd maintaining working out, along with the launch of TSC. I turned to my amazing fitness trainer and friend, Chris Law, who owns ilovefit. He gave me some healthy food tips that would increase my energy and was even kind enough to invite me over to experience one of his delicious smoothies: The Yogi Green Drink. I was skeptical at first, as the ingredients were different from what I was used to, however it was so yummy that I had to share the recipe! Enjoy below…

Fruit Juice

Healthy Greens

Yogi Green Smoothie

Love Lauryn

Chris’ Yogi Green (Smoothie) Drink

* Makes two full glasses

1/2 head of kale
4 pieces of bok choy
1 cup pineapple juice [ make sure it's 100 percent juice ]
1 banana
1 handful of ice

Directions: Add 100% juice first in to blender. Add ice and banana. Blend; while blending add in kale and bok choy.

21 comments on Yogi Green Smoothie Drink

1. Caitlin
    09.07.11 at 10:52 am (3 years ago)

For a healthy, clear and glowing complexion:
    1 pineapple
    1 med cucumber
    1 inch ginger root.
    remove outter skin on pineapp & ginger & juice all. can adjust amounts to taste.

04.21.12 at 6:13 pm (3 years ago)

Love this Caitlin ; ) xox what a great idea!

2. bre
    09.07.11 at 12:59 pm (3 years ago)

Just made the smoothie before going out in record braking humidity(90) to hit tennis balls. I feel awesome and it was incredibly good:) Thank you!!!!!

04.21.12 at 6:13 pm (3 years ago)

YUM! I am glad you’re enjoying this! xo

3. Elisabeth
    12.02.11 at 5:15 am (3 years ago)

What a great way to get some kale into your body.

This may not be THE healthiest but I tried this drink the other night and kids loved it!
    3 cups milk
    1/2 cup cocoa powder
    2 cups spinach
    1/3 cup honey
    1tsp. vanilla
    dash of salt
    ice cubes

It tasted like a chocolate shake.

04.21.12 at 6:12 pm (3 years ago)

I love this, Elisabeth; I’ll have to try it! xo

04.21.12 at 6:12 pm (3 years ago)

Yay!

4. KIm
    01.04.12 at 11:07 am (3 years ago)

What kind of blender/juicer do you suggest. I do have the Ninja – do you think a juicer would be beneficial?

04.21.12 at 6:12 pm (3 years ago)

I like the Ninja and the Vitamix; but a blender works too!

5. Katherine @ Green Thickies
    05.02.12 at 8:30 am (3 years ago)

Thanks for this gorgeous recipe. I love having fruit juice bases to my green smoothies but most of the time I use water or dairy free milk such as oat milk. Are you still drinking green smoothies? Have you ever tried adding oats to your smoothies? They make them so creamy and filling. I also add either seeds or nuts to my smoothie and turn them into green thickies.
    Katherine @ Green Thickies recently posted..28 Reasons why I choose a Green Thickie over a Green Smoothie every morningMy Profile

6. Dorothy Brown
    03.19.13 at 8:53 am (2 years ago)

My son and I had this for breakfast this a.m. It was really good! I really enjoyed your 3 day juicing cleanse also. I just finished that on Saturday. I have a couple people in the office doing it now too!

7. Morgan
    01.18.14 at 8:42 pm (10 months ago)

Looks delish! Any suggestions on substitution for the banana? Thanks :)

01.19.14 at 11:22 am (10 months ago)

Pineapple or apple! :-)

5Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Yogi Green Smoothie Drink

1. [...] food has to be Barlean’s Flax Seed. I put it in everything! It’s great blended in the Yogi Green Smoothie or sprinkled on steel cut oatmeal. I even love putting it in my Greek yogurt for a snack in between [...]

2. [...] a banana & OJ mixed with a bunch of sparking water. Later I had a green drink [ recipe found here ]. Each time I complete this cleanse, it becomes easier- this time was a breeze compared to my [...]

3. [...] Water, banana, & spinach is WONDERFUL [ similar to the Yogi Green Smoothie Drink found here ]. You can add rice protein [ Sun Warrior brand, for extra protein if you want go the vegan, raw [...]

4. [...] apples ), arugula on anything, kiwi slices, oysters, tabbouleh, sprouted rice cakes, kale salad, green smoothies, Suja Juice, bananas dipped in almond butter, dark chocolate, &/or anything from Tender Greens [...]