lemon-diuretic-teapot-tea-boiled-water-2

Hot Lemon Diuretic

August 14, 2011
by
LAURYN
Organic lemons

Organic lemons

I had to be in a bikini [ all weekend… ] recently and needed something that would take away bloat & flush out excess water. My friend Jen, recommended this quick, simple diuretic that “makes you pee like a race horse” or elevates the rate of urination by forcing the kidneys to produce more urination [ I know, TMI ]. This flushes all of the impurities out of the system fast; it is perfect for before you are about to put on a teeny-weeny bikini [ my favorite bikinis are Tyler Rose Swimwear ]. The concoction is simple: organic lemons & boiling water. I prefer natural diuretics to store-bought ones. They’re easier on the body, and in my opinion more effective because many of them contain too many chemicals. Drink this about two hours before the big swimsuit reveal [ & maybe even the night before to feel extra skinny & mini ].

Stainless Tea Kettle

Stainless tea kettle

Beautiful Lemons

Keep the skins on the lemons for best diuretic results

Organic Lemon Diuretic

A pretty tea cup always makes everything better

Hot Lemon Diuretic

* Makes two cups of hot tea.

2 organic lemons

Hot water

Put water in to teapot. Boil water, squeeze 2 lemons in to teapot. After you’ve squeezed all juice in, throw all four pieces into to teapot. Lower temperature on the stove. Let this sit for about 2 minutes. Pour in to teacup. Drink up!

OH, ALSO:

61 comments | Leave a Comment +

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1. Shayna

I drink a lot of water, yet on beach days I try to hold back to prevent extra bloating. I know, I know, it is bad for me do to dehydration & possible heat stroke. Store bought diuretic are, just as you say, very hard on my body & leave me feeling weak. This Lemon Diuretic helped flush my system fast & let me to continue keeping my body hydrated all day long. I never felt weak & if anything had more energy. Thank you!

2. bre

Hi, I was having a problem with getting low and dehydrated during my tennis workouts during these past three days of 85 degree plus and 80% humidity days in So. Cal (Sept). Yesterday morning I made up the “Lemon Diuretic” that Jen mentioned to you and it did the trick. Zero dehydration/low feeling only wiped out due to the 26 year old Nephew I was drilling with! Thank you Skinny Confidential

3. Pingback: How to Fit Back into Your Daisy Dukes for Summer | Fashionlushxx

4. Pingback: Tips for Looking Hot in Your Sexy Halloween Costume

1. laurynevarts

They don’t have to be. I just prefer organic because there’s no nasty chemicals. xoxo

5. Tiffany

Hey Lauryn!

I found your blog while browsing the Swell blog and I’m so glad I found it! I love it!

When do you recommend drinking the hot lemon tea? Day before hitting the beach?

Thanks so much!

6. test1

*I don’t even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I do not know who you are but certainly you are going to a famous blogger if you aren’t already Cheers!

7. Jenna

I just found your blog a few days ago and I LOVE it! You’re so gorgeous and inspiring! xx

8. Adrienne

This looks great, and I can’t wait to try it. I always have A LOT of extra water weight due to some hormone abnormality, and I’m ALWAYS looking for ways to consistently keep it off. Water starving is the unfortunately the only thing I can do before an event to somewhat guarantee I won’t be too bloated but of course it’s terrible, and I fear drinking anything and cannot enjoy myself. I also use over the counter diuretics, but they also make me feel terrible and are not an option for the long term. I have tried a few natural remedies in the past including something similar to this but with cucumber instead. This is another one I’m excited to try! I did have one question though, why does the lemon have to be hot? Can it be done as a cold drink, or does boiling it do something important?

1. Regina Philangie

Love how she skipped answering you and went right to the next question…. Did you EVER find out WHY it is better if its hot? I’d like to add sweetener/sugar because I’m not a sour fan…is that going to change the effect?

9. Mai

Do you have to drink it hot, or same effect if you put it in the fridge and drink it like lemonade later??? Thanks!

10. Jackie

Just got back from vacation and have a lot of excess water weight….can’t wait to try this!

11. Margaret

Add 2 tbsp palm syrup(available at middle Eastern/Indian stores for less than $2.00, and 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper, and you have the Lemon Detox Diet at a fraction of the cost.

Remember that you must also have a cup of Senna leaf tea (to loosen the muck in the colon etc) before you go to bed; and approx a litre of SEA salted water in the morning to flush the gunk out.

You can have as many cups as you wish throughout the day.
    I’ve lost 20kg on this diet …. Ahh, the benefits of natural foods !!!

12. Shelly

Hi,

My sister and I are wanting to try this, I have been retaining water and I hate it!! I feel terrible physically and it isn’t really good for my self esteem! I recently lost 40lbs I need to lose about 10 more and I am wondering, will this help my weigh loss? And should I drink it before or after meals? One more question, I do not have a tea pot(weird I know) can I just use a pan?

Thanks!
    Shelly.

13. Tasia

I tried this but when I put the juice and the four pieces in I had left the stove on. Does that make a difference or does it still work the same ?

14. Lyesa

I just wanted to remind you all you must stay hydrated along with this :) and reducing sodium helps a lot as well. That being said…I use this a lot with 8 oz hot water, 1 tsp cinnamon (antiinflammatory), ½ tsp honey, and juice from half a lemon. 30 minutes before bed and in the morning on an empty stomach for at least 30 minutes. It’s amazing. It keeps your metabolism going, reduces inflammation, reduces water weight. I’m not a Doctor but I’ve seen the scale move, seen the inches come off and felt better.

15. Pingback: Lookin’ Hot in Your Itty-Bitty Bikini by The Skinny Confidential | Swell Blog

16. Deb

I am going to my niece’s wedding tomorrow, and with this unusual heat wave we are having in the Northeast, I am retaining water in October! And it is supposed to be in the mid 80’s tomorrow and humid. And the wedding is outside. And with dressy dresses now all sheer knits, Oh my gosh! So I searched “natural diuretic” and found your website. And I happen to have 2 lemons in the fridge so I’ll try it tonight. Thank you!!! With this and my new Olga underwear with a tummy panel I just discovered at the mall, I just might not look like a Jet Puff marshmallow person.

1. Reba

The senna leaf portion is part of the ” Master Cleanse Diet”. I think it’s 10 days but you can Google it to be sure. :)

17. Pingback: Day 1 | detox with Suja juice

18. Amanda

So, so glad to find this! I’m retaining water for some unknown reason. I hope this will help!

19. Reba

I’m on a quest to get well since my root canals destroyed my immune system…See the book ” Root Canal Cover-Up and the work of Dr. Weston Price. Anywho this was great…!! I just made 3 cups worth for me and two members of my family. One is my husband who is home with kidney pain from work. Lemon flushes out the kidneys and is a natural cure for kidney stones (along with olive oil, which right now he won’t take, lol) I added stevia for taste and msm and vitamin C powder. Msm and Vitamin C is a natural remedy for cancer. And by soaking the lemon rinds (I chopped mine into eighths) it adds pectin another alternative cancer remedy. I don’t have cancer but anything that is good for cancer treatment is good enough for me!! It’s December now so it’s extra soothing to drink lemon water warm… Thank you SO MUCH for this recipe. I love it!!

20. Pingback: 5 All-naturall Ways of Flushing out Kidney Stones — Kidney Diets

1. a

Will this help your body of metabolites cause I need them cleansed fast very fast. And what is the strongest diuretic a can get my hands

21. Fadil Shamir Khan

how long does it take for this method to start working…in your words, make you pee like a race horse? I had a cup last night and a full cup this morning…not seeing any effects as yet…

22. pat piccin

drinking a cup as I write . Can you use the yellow bottle of real lemon juice (frozen) or is it better to use the fresh lemons? Due to gout, have been taken off water pills so hoping this will work, any suggestions will be appreciated.

Pat

any suggestions will

23. Victoria

I don’t even know the way I ended up here, but I thought this publish was good.
    I do not understand who you are however definitely you are
    going to a famous blogger should you aren’t
    already. Cheers!
    Victoria recently posted..VictoriaMy Profile

24. zarwhitetaker

Ok so what you are saying is that lemon cucumber have amazing health benefits and everyone should have it in their diet. I can hardly disagree and also you would have to be very lazy not to make use of these daily because they are available almost everywhere.

25. Pat Gonce

my husband is a diabetic and I am looking for natural diuretics for him to use – could he use the hot tea and lemon – I do not see any mention of depleting his potassium when you do the hot tea. would I need to be giving him potassium while doing the tea or does the tea not deplete all of his vitamins and minerals

26. sue smithers

l recently had a double lung transplant and have excess fluid to my legs, getting the lemons in today, thanks for the hints. cant wait to loose the retention.