Hot Lemon Diuretic

Organic lemons

Organic lemons

I had to be in a bikini [ all weekend… ] recently and needed something that would take away bloat & flush out excess water. My friend Jen, recommended this quick, simple diuretic that “makes you pee like a race horse” or elevates the rate of urination by forcing the kidneys to produce more urination [ I know, TMI ]. This flushes all of the impurities out of the system fast; it is perfect for before you are about to put on a teeny-weeny bikini [ my favorite bikinis are Tyler Rose Swimwear ]. The concoction is simple: organic lemons & boiling water. I prefer natural diuretics to store-bought ones. They’re easier on the body, and in my opinion more effective because many of them contain too many chemicals. Drink this about two hours before the big swimsuit reveal [ & maybe even the night before to feel extra skinny & mini ].

Stainless Tea Kettle

Stainless tea kettle

Beautiful Lemons

Keep the skins on the lemons for best diuretic results

Organic Lemon Diuretic

A pretty tea cup always makes everything better

Love Lauryn

Hot Lemon Diuretic

* Makes two cups of hot tea.

2 organic lemons

Hot water

Put water in to teapot. Boil water, squeeze 2 lemons in to teapot. After you’ve squeezed all juice in, throw all four pieces into to teapot. Lower temperature on the stove. Let this sit for about 2 minutes. Pour in to teacup. Drink up!

Newer comments

50 comments on Hot Lemon Diuretic

1. Shayna
    09.08.11 at 2:20 pm (3 years ago)

I drink a lot of water, yet on beach days I try to hold back to prevent extra bloating. I know, I know, it is bad for me do to dehydration & possible heat stroke. Store bought diuretic are, just as you say, very hard on my body & leave me feeling weak. This Lemon Diuretic helped flush my system fast & let me to continue keeping my body hydrated all day long. I never felt weak & if anything had more energy. Thank you!

2. bre
    09.09.11 at 9:42 am (3 years ago)

Hi, I was having a problem with getting low and dehydrated during my tennis workouts during these past three days of 85 degree plus and 80% humidity days in So. Cal (Sept). Yesterday morning I made up the “Lemon Diuretic” that Jen mentioned to you and it did the trick. Zero dehydration/low feeling only wiped out due to the 26 year old Nephew I was drilling with! Thank you Skinny Confidential

3. Beth
    11.24.12 at 6:11 am (2 years ago)

I saw you mention organic lemons a few times..do they have to be organic?

• laurynevarts
      11.24.12 at 11:26 am (2 years ago)

They don’t have to be. I just prefer organic because there’s no nasty chemicals. xoxo

4. Becky Hillyard
    02.22.13 at 11:50 am (2 years ago)

One of my favorite tips you have shared! Will be trying this next week before my Mexico vacation! Thanks Lauryn!
    xo,
    Becky

cellajane.blogspot.com
    Becky Hillyard recently posted..Revision Skin Care ReviewMy Profile

02.22.13 at 1:02 pm (2 years ago)

Yay! Have fun babe! xx.

5. Tiffany
    03.03.13 at 2:57 pm (2 years ago)

Hey Lauryn!

I found your blog while browsing the Swell blog and I’m so glad I found it! I love it!

When do you recommend drinking the hot lemon tea? Day before hitting the beach?

Thanks so much!

6. test1
    03.17.13 at 1:51 pm (2 years ago)

*I don’t even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I do not know who you are but certainly you are going to a famous blogger if you aren’t already Cheers!

7. Jenna
    04.05.13 at 3:03 pm (2 years ago)

I just found your blog a few days ago and I LOVE it! You’re so gorgeous and inspiring! xx

8. Jenna
    04.05.13 at 3:05 pm (2 years ago)

9. ANGIE
    04.13.13 at 2:23 am (2 years ago)

Thanks !

10. Adrienne
    04.17.13 at 9:02 pm (2 years ago)

This looks great, and I can’t wait to try it. I always have A LOT of extra water weight due to some hormone abnormality, and I’m ALWAYS looking for ways to consistently keep it off. Water starving is the unfortunately the only thing I can do before an event to somewhat guarantee I won’t be too bloated but of course it’s terrible, and I fear drinking anything and cannot enjoy myself. I also use over the counter diuretics, but they also make me feel terrible and are not an option for the long term. I have tried a few natural remedies in the past including something similar to this but with cucumber instead. This is another one I’m excited to try! I did have one question though, why does the lemon have to be hot? Can it be done as a cold drink, or does boiling it do something important?

11. kim
    05.15.13 at 3:29 pm (2 years ago)

is it okay to do this everyday?

05.15.13 at 3:46 pm (2 years ago)

Yes! x.

12. iman
    05.29.13 at 4:00 pm (2 years ago)

un dierutic naturel

Bonne chance

Titou

13. Mai
    06.18.13 at 11:50 am (2 years ago)

Do you have to drink it hot or can you put it in the fridge and drink later??

06.18.13 at 12:17 pm (2 years ago)

Drinking it hot is best! Xx.

14. Mai
    06.18.13 at 11:52 am (2 years ago)

Do you have to drink it hot, or same effect if you put it in the fridge and drink it like lemonade later??? Thanks!

06.18.13 at 12:17 pm (2 years ago)

Best is to drink it hot! X.

15. Latisha
    07.02.13 at 7:12 am (1 year ago)

Can I just boil the water.. pour it in a cup & put lemon juice?

07.02.13 at 9:48 am (1 year ago)

16. Jackie
    07.30.13 at 3:22 am (1 year ago)

Just got back from vacation and have a lot of excess water weight….can’t wait to try this!

07.30.13 at 9:02 am (1 year ago)

You’ll love it! X.

17. Margaret
    08.11.13 at 1:11 am (1 year ago)

Add 2 tbsp palm syrup(available at middle Eastern/Indian stores for less than $2.00, and 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper, and you have the Lemon Detox Diet at a fraction of the cost.

Remember that you must also have a cup of Senna leaf tea (to loosen the muck in the colon etc) before you go to bed; and approx a litre of SEA salted water in the morning to flush the gunk out.

You can have as many cups as you wish throughout the day.
    I’ve lost 20kg on this diet …. Ahh, the benefits of natural foods !!!

18. Shelly
    08.14.13 at 2:16 pm (1 year ago)

Hi,

My sister and I are wanting to try this, I have been retaining water and I hate it!! I feel terrible physically and it isn’t really good for my self esteem! I recently lost 40lbs I need to lose about 10 more and I am wondering, will this help my weigh loss? And should I drink it before or after meals? One more question, I do not have a tea pot(weird I know) can I just use a pan?

Thanks!
    Shelly.

08.14.13 at 3:55 pm (1 year ago)

Yes! And a tea pot or a pan work well! xx.

19. Shelly
    08.14.13 at 5:18 pm (1 year ago)

Lauryn,

Thank you so much for the speedy reply!! I am going to make it right now!:-)

20. diapermachine
    08.15.13 at 6:45 pm (1 year ago)

Hot Lemon Diuretic | The Skinny Confidential: A Lifestyle Blog by Lauryn Evarts

5Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Hot Lemon Diuretic

1. […] Natural diuretics: dilemma: so it’s July 3rd, and you’re supposed to be in tip top shape for July 4th’s festivities. Quick fix: a natural diuretic- it is a quick way to eliminate bloat. You’ll drop at least five pounds of water weight. I recommend this lemon diuretic. […]

2. […] be out late, having a few cocktails, make sure to prep yourself, before you wreck yourself. Guzzle this natural hot lemon diuretic all day before you go out. If I’m going to be baring my legs/belly/etc., I’ll drink […]

3. […] Drink a natural diuretic before you’re in your suit: try this hot lemon diuretic. It really does the trick! I swear by […]

4. […] 2 cups of lemon “tea” upon awakening.  Hot Lemon Tea Recipe […]

5. […] it will be an added plus to you so you’ll believe just how effective of a diuretic this is, many fashion-forward girls drink diuretic tea to prevent them from looking bloated on their bikini-wearing […]