Healthy & Tasty Chicken Stir Fry

Healthy Stir Fry

After a work week of madness, we decided to shut the world off and hibernate indoors for the weekend. We call these interludes our mini “staycations.” I was super excited to stock the kitchen with fresh, delicious organic fruits and vegetables in hopes of cooking up a quick, tasty meal that would set the tone for our weekend “away”.

We opened a bottle of cab and started in on the Chinese chicken stir-fry [ you can substitute shrimp as well, and don't forget the veggies! ]. I wanted to make sure my recipe was unlike the MSG, butter-laden ones I have experienced from local restaurant woks. Turns out, my modified recipe for Chicken Stir Fry hit the spot, making our staycation a cozy weekend without a skillet full of guilt!

Healthy Stir Fry

Healthy Stir Fry

Love Lauryn

Healthy & Tasty Chicken Stir Fry Recipe

1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1 stick celery
3 skinned carrots
½ diced white onion
About 20 edamame
2 chicken breasts
2 tablespoons of light (the green bottle) soy sauce
3 tablespoons lemon juice
Dash of pepper
Optional:  Add a few dashes of chili flakes

Pre-dice the veggies, except for the edamame (just take the beans out of the pods). Use a skillet and pour a few dashes of extra virgin olive oil in it before turning the stove on (keep stove on medium). Put veggies in skillet and after a couple of minutes, add raw chicken. Last but not least, add soy, lemon juice, pepper, chili flakes (optional). Cook for about 14 minutes total. Such a low calorie, satisfying meal!

21 comments on Healthy & Tasty Chicken Stir Fry

1. Shayna
    09.15.11 at 1:45 pm (3 years ago)

this sounds delish. i am doing a week-long cleanse (even got my husband to try it with me too), but am fitting in one meal of lean protein & veggies a day. very excited to try this for lunch today!!

2. Kelly
    11.10.11 at 11:24 am (3 years ago)

Yummy this looks delicious! :)

02.05.12 at 3:16 pm (3 years ago)

Thanks Kelly!
      Lauryn recently posted..Mini DeLitesMy Profile

3. Jessica
    03.08.12 at 11:11 am (3 years ago)

Question: How many servings does this recipe make? Looks great!

4. Dianna
    07.09.12 at 12:39 pm (2 years ago)

Hi! i just made this recipe, is so delicious!!!! thanks! love your site

5. Shawndra Cyrus
    08.23.12 at 5:17 pm (2 years ago)

I think I’ll give this recipe a try tonight but I will be substituting the edamme with broccoli instead. Our family isn’t big on the soybean thing….Soy sauce yes but that’s about it. It sure looks really yummy and healthy. Thanks for sharing!

6. Julie
    08.27.12 at 5:38 pm (2 years ago)

I just made this tonight and oh my!!! It exceeded all of my expectations. It was fantastic. I added broccoli, sliced instead of diced the onions and with the third carrot instead of dicing it too I shaved it into the stir fry close to the end of cooking. YUM. Excellent recipe!

• laurynevarts
      08.27.12 at 6:34 pm (2 years ago)

Yay! So happy you liked it ; ). xo

7. Rachael
    01.04.13 at 7:44 pm (2 years ago)

Made this tonight for the hubs and I…..huge hit! It’s a big deal when he loves a veggie heavy meal! Thank:)

8. Kyle
    01.07.13 at 12:30 pm (2 years ago)

Just made this tonight. Delicious simple recipe. Could you just let me know how many servings this is meant to be? Looks like 4 if serving with rice but I ended up eating half on its own. Thanks

9. Erin
    01.08.13 at 6:57 pm (2 years ago)

Oh. My! I was looking up healthy recipes and came across this one. I made it for dinner tonight and WOW is it awesome!!!! I put it in tortillas and it makes FANTASTIC fajitas. I’m not even a fajita person and I can’t stop eating these. It’s just me so I’m looking forward to the leftovers for the rest of the week! Thank you for this awesomeness!

10. julie
    01.09.13 at 3:14 pm (2 years ago)

Made this twice this week! I loved it! I added water chestnuts because I love the crunch. Thanks so much.

11. Rosalie
    01.15.13 at 7:58 am (2 years ago)

Hey! How many calories per serving? thanks!

12. Sherrie
    01.25.13 at 1:23 pm (2 years ago)

I just came across this site today and I am so excited for it. Where can I find the calorie and nutrition facts for these meals though? Thanks

13. Ellie
    03.04.13 at 8:44 pm (2 years ago)

yum ! looks amazing :)
    how many servings does this make? definitely going to make it for dinner one night this week :)

14. Jasmine
    04.02.13 at 8:33 pm (1 year ago)

Made this for dinner tonight…DELICIOUS!!!! Thank you soooo much for this recipe!

15. dominoes how to play
    05.03.13 at 9:00 pm (1 year ago)

Fantastic, good article and also the precise product information, allow me to share with my local freinds in fb.

16. Bianca Maravilla
    05.21.13 at 12:10 pm (1 year ago)

How many calories is the dish on a per serving basis?

17. Susie @myhealthybeginnings
    07.10.14 at 11:28 am (3 months ago)

Love this! Always looking for simple, yet healthy meals to make! Thanks for the recipe!

18. Jenny
    07.17.14 at 11:27 am (3 months ago)

Something very like this recipe has been a great favourite of ours for many years, we use a little chili oil and add waterchestnuts that crunch together with the chicken….. perfecto !
    Jenny recently posted..Oat Raisin CookiesMy Profile

1Pingbacks & Trackbacks on Healthy & Tasty Chicken Stir Fry

1. [...] Today she is featuring my low calorie lemon chicken stir fry recipe [ also found here [...]